Monday, September 15, 2008

Connichi and new clothes

Last weekend I was in Kassel at the Manga/Anime Convention Connichi!

I drove together with CityComics and thus helped them carrying packages and building up their stand. We started Friday at 6.30 o'clock -__-;

This was my stand:



The topic of my stand was to promote Aniversum Dresden e.V., a local association promoting Japanese Popculture. We have our last convention (with the Name Shumatsu which is Weekend in Japanese) this octobre.
More information on this:
Aniversum HP
Shumatsu HP

to entertain the guests passing by the stand we sew cute little lucky charms called Otedama/Ojami. You fill them with rice and can make the most funny stuff out of the very easy, hand-sewing friendly handcraft-idea!


I have build a HP (German!) on this topic, describing how to sew these and what they meant in historic Japan!
See more: Otedama HP

and to show you what you can make out of this: I made a Patrick Starfish for my Boyfriend!




different stuff now: before I left I finished a skirt!
It lay unfinished for about a while and finally I found time to complete the work:




What do you think? ^-^

No comments: